Sunday, May 18, 2014

Challenge 20- Anything Goes (feature tutorial: Emboss Resist)



Hi friends!
Kimmy here for ScrapBook Blessings Club to share with you what I came up with for Challenge 20 featuring the tutorial: Emboss Resist.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Pinque Peacock!

First, I have a quick tip for you.... Think of taking something that you have created that you ended up just loving the way it turned out and displaying it in your space and then when you are either ready to look at something else or something new and wonderful takes its place (as tends to happen with us crafters) then use it as you had originally intended i.e. as a card or layout. 

To my delight this emboss resist technique turned out so cute that I just cannot yet part with it, I just love looking at it and so I am going to let it "live" in my room until that inspiration runs out.

This challenge totally took me out of my comfort zone, I watched the tutorial video, oh about 5 times before I took the plunge! :) I am excited for Summer and I was itching to use the La La Land Stamp that I had just gotten my hands on! Squee!




 This is going to be a first, I made this project fully intending on this to be a card which is why it is 6x6 but I did not do the inside and actually have not adhered it to any card stock but as I kept looking at it and realized just how much I enjoy looking at it, it dawned on me that I don't want to part with it so it is becoming decoration in my room to inspire me and remind me to try new things! 

Here is what you need:
  • white card stock 
  • an image that you want to use (chunky images do tend to show up best but don't hesitate if it's an image you really want to use, you can always choose a different image if you end up not liking how it turns out)
  • 2-3 different color inks 
  • a blending tool of some sort (the video shows daubers I used a mini blending tool
  • Versamark to stamp the image in
  • white or clear embossing powder
  • heat tool
  • card stock of your choosing that goes with your design
Below I have added the video that I watched to understand how to create the technique. 
Emboss Resist Technique

Don't forget that for Challenge 20 Anything Goes over at ScrapBook Blessings Club, however, you can earn an extra entry for giving the tutorial a try. I encourage to do so and hope you have as much fun with it as I did. Either way head on over and share with us what you've been up to here


Keep on Crafting,
Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment