Sunday, April 20, 2014

Make A Picture

Make a Picture Challenge #18


Hi Everybody! 

Today I bring you a cute little girl from Bugaboo Stamps who is our sponsor this week for Scrapbook Blessings Club. 7 wonderful digital stamps goes to the winner of this new challenge. The challenge that the team took on was to make a picture for your background. This is something I had never done with inks before and it was so much fun (love the chance to get a little messy!)! 

I also got to play with my Spectrum Noir markers. I have heard how wonderful they are and when I ran out of ink in my skin tones for my promarkers I decided to make the switch. One of the selling points for me is that the Spectrum Noir markers are refillable and you can now get a brush tip end if you choose to and you can replace whichever end you wish (I plan to replace the chisel tip end since I don't ever use that side). 

Alrighta roony onto the card...and heeere she is!



So here is the tutorial that I watched for the technique if you would like to check it out, I have since watched several more of her videos and I think I might be hooked now.

Supplies:

  • white card stock paper ( Georgia Pacific, I made a card front in case the inking had to be redone.)
  • inks and sponge (I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in China Blue for the sky and Tea Dye for the ground)  one thing I would note is make sure you do your ground dyeing before you stick anything down, I was so focused on making sure that she was actually sitting on the bench that I missed a whole step!) 
  • cut out the clouds from white cards stock paper using my Slice machine and the Zootopia card
  •  the bench is a die cut from La La Land Crafts which I cut out using my Big Kick
  • the image is from Bugaboo Stamps colored with Letraset Promarkers and Spectum Noir markers
  • I used my Xyron adhesive machine (I have the small purple one) to run the image through and make a sticker out of it
  • once I had stuck the image to the bench I used Mono multi adhesive from Tombow to glue the bench down
  • used ATG Gun to adhere the card front to the base of the card
  • not sure where the Hello sentiment stamp came from it was in my stash and I acquired it back before I was in the habit of trying to put down what I used...sorry 
So let us see what you've been up to and if you are looking for a little inspiration check out the tutorial video I for one will making a few more in the future! If you are looking for a new digi stamp head on over to Bugaboo Stamps they are having a 25% SALE off all of their EASTER STAMPS!!!

We would love for you to enter the contest and be our winner for this challenge you can do that right here.

Happy Easter! Hope it is a beautiful day for you and your family no matter the weather! 

Keep on Crafting,
 Kimmy 



No comments:

Post a Comment